Kaluga st. Kutuzova 26
The identified cultural heritage site is a monument of urban development and architecture of the early 19th century – “Torubaev Estate: Main House; Gates”
Description:
Until the early 1830s, the main house of the estate of the nobleman Vasily Ivanovich Torubaev was wooden. Then it appeared on the city plans as a stone building. Most likely, it was built in 1832. The house was a compact volume with a 6-column portico.
In 1882, the house as part of the entire estate was purchased by the Kaluga diocese to establish the residence of the Bishop in it. This was followed by the 2nd stage of construction of the building. It was expanded with additions of wings, partially redesigned, re-equipped and connected by a passage to the newly erected Church of the Kaluga Icon of the Mother of God.
In the first years of Soviet power, the building housed Orphanage No. 4, and in 1925 – the main hospital. Since the 1950s, there has been a medical school here.
Completed works:
-repair works on the main facade